Employers have a legal requirement to assess risks within the workplace, including those associated with moving and handling tasks. Musculoskeletal injuries often result in significant personal and business losses. Therefore, it is important that you proactively assess manual handling risks within your organisation.
Acorn Occupational Health provide manual handling training that comply with the Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations, 1998, Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations, 1998 & Manual Handling Operations Regulations, 1992.
The Manual Handling training covers the following topics:
- Legislation employer & employee responsibilities
- Definitions of manual handling and reasonabilities
- Risk awareness & assessment
- Day to day back care
- Four ergonomic assessment
- Weight guidelines
- Anatomy & physiology, structure of the spine, function and likely injuries
- Principles of safe moving and handling
- Practical skills & demonstration
- Group participation & quiz
A certification of attendance is given to attendees.
Course duration: 4 hours