Acorn now have the opportunity to provide an instant, rapid antibody test for Coronavirus (Covid-19). Please find questions and answers regarding the test detailed below
This testing regarding coronavirus follows requests for this service from many of our customers.
- 5 minutes to take the blood sample
- 15 minutes to read
- 5 minutes to explain the result to the individual and write a certificate/report
Need to know:
- The kits are ordered on demand and delivery takes 1-2 weeks.
- Once the kits have been ordered, they cannot be cancelled.
For more information regarding the antibody test kits please get in touch with Acorn. You can call us on 01260 277797 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions and Answers:
How is the test performed?
This is a blood test taken from a finger prick. A nurse or technician will attend to employees who are not displaying obvious symptoms (cough and high temperature). The nurse or technician will be wearing appropriate PPE.
What does this test tell you?
The test will provide information on antibodies for Covid-19. This will give the employee information as to whether they have developed any antibodies. The test provides results for both the IgM and IgG antibodies.
What do the antibodies tell you?
- If no IgM or IgG antibodies are detected it means that the individual has not been in contact with the virus but may be at risk if they do come into contact with Covid-19 or if they have mild symptoms they may be in the “window” with early stages of infection.
- IgM antibodies detected in an initial blood sample mean that it is likely that the person became infected with Covid-19 virus within recent weeks or they are in the early stages of infection and should self-isolate.
- IgG and IgM antibodies detected in an initial blood sample mean that the individual is in the active phase of infection but the human body is developing some immunity to Covid-19.
- IgG antibodies are detected but the IgM is negative, then it is likely that the person had an infection sometime in the past and they are clear of infection meaning that they have gained antibodies and are safe to work.
Does the test need to be sent to a laboratory?
No, the test provides an instant result within 15 minutes. However, like all screening tests further laboratory testing may be required based on both current and future guidelines issued by Public Health England.
What happens if the test is positive?
We will provide advice according to the result
Is the test validated?
The test is validated and CE marked for professional use only. Public Health England have not validated the test yet and when/if they do it is possible that all the test kits will be redirected to the NHS.
What is the accuracy of the test?
This test is 99.2% accurate
If you would like any more information regarding the coronavirus antibody test, give us a call on 01260 277797.